Fred C. Soilis
Attorney Fred C. Soilis is a partner of Caroselli, Beachler & Coleman, L.L.C. Prior to joining the firm, he received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington & Jefferson College in 1988, and furthered his studies by obtaining his J.D. cum laude from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1991.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, attorney Soilis has been named one of Woodward & White’s Best Lawyers in America every year since 2008, and was also named a Rising Star in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine in 2005. Since 2015 he has been listed as one of the Top 5 Percent of lawyers by Super Lawyers and rated as a top Workers’ Compensation lawyer by Lead Counsel. He is peer-rated* AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for very high ethical standards, legal ability and professional excellence. His practice areas include workers’ compensation law and personal injury law. Attorney Soilis is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association where he served as the Workers’ Compensation Section Chair from 2002 to 2003, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. Since 2014, the Pennsylvania Bar Association has recognized Attorney Soilis as a Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingTM fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- US District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- US Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1991
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 1991
- Law Review: Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Member, 1989 – 1991
- Washington and Jefferson College, Washington, PA
- B.A. – 1988
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Workers Compensation Law Specialist (2014 to Present)
- Certified as a specialist in the practice of Workers’ Compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008 – 2021
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2005
- Top 5% of Lawyers by Super Lawyers, 2015-2019
- Lead Counsel Rated in the Legal Discipline of Workers Compensation (2015-2016)
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Rated AV Preeminent
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Chair, 2002-2003
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Alpha Tau Omega