How do I speed up my Social Security Disability case?

Many people want to know if there is a way to speed up their Social Security Disability case. We advise people to first make sure that you complete your application thoroughly and carefully. Have the following information/material ready before you file.

  • Have an original or certified copy of your birth certificate.

  • Have the names, addresses and phone numbers of your treating doctors, clinics and hospitals, and treatment dates at these facilities.

  • Prepare a full description of your work history including job titles, responsibilities and dates of employment.

  • You will need to provide a description of your daily activities and how they are limited by your impairments. Think about this beforehand as you go about your day-to-day activities so that you can be specific and detailed in describing how things have changed for you since you became disabled.

If you are denied on your initial application, file an appeal immediately. Do not wait for the full 60 days you are allowed. Our experienced attorneys can help you at any step along the way.

There are several other ways to expedite your claim and such requests can be filed at any point in the process.

Compassionate Allowances

Social Security will provide benefits more quickly to those applicants whose medical conditions are so serious that their conditions obviously meet disability standards. A list of these conditions can be found at

Critical Or Dire Need Cases

Social Security may expedite the processing of a claim of someone who is in dire need. This is only awarded to extreme circumstances and the individual must provide proof. It is for individuals who:

  • Are homeless or facing homelessness due to imminent eviction or foreclosure with no means to remedy the situation or obtain shelter; it also may apply to individuals who live in homes that are uninhabitable due to utility shut-offs
  • Have no food or are unable to obtain food
  • Have no access to medicine or medical care

Expedited Processing For Military Service Members

Military service members who become disabled while on active military service on or after October 1, 2001, may be eligible for expedited processing.

Contact Our Lawyers Today

To talk with a Social Security Disability attorney about your benefits, contact the Pennsylvania law office of Caroselli, Beachler & Coleman, L.L.C., by calling us at 412-567-1232 or toll free at 866-466-5789. You may also complete our online contact form. Initial consultations are free and confidential.