Rhett P. Cherkin
866-466-5789 (Toll Free)
Admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania in 1997, Rhett Paris Cherkin has practiced in the areas of civil litigation, personal injury, workers' compensation and Social Security Disability. Attorney Cherkin has worked at Caroselli, Beachler & Coleman, L.L.C., since 2001.
Attorney Cherkin received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Denison University in 1993 and his J.D. from the Duquesne University School of Law in 1997. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association for which he served as the Workers' Compensation Section Chair in 2005-2006. He is also an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. Since 2006, has been recognized numerous times as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers' Rising Star, and since 2013 he has been included in the Best Lawyers in America for Workers' Compensation Law.
Samples of attorney Cherkin's speaking engagements include "Fundamentals of Workers' Compensation," which he presented for Sterling Education Services, Inc., and "Tough Problems in Workers' Compensation," presented to the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He is also a regular speaker at various organized labor unions.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Social Security Disability
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Workers Compensation Law Specialist
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1998
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1997
- Law Review: Juris Volume 30, Contributing Writer, 1997
- Denison University
- B.A. - 1993
- Speaker, "Fundamentals of Workers' Compensation", Sterling Education Services, Inc.
- Speaker, "Tough Problems in Workers' Compensation", Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers' Rising Star 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants, 2013-2016
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2013-2016
- Lead Counsel Rated Workers' Compensation, 2015, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers Compensation Section, Chair, 2005-2006